- Defining characteristics:
Enlargement of cardiac size based on measurement of the axes of the heart against the thoracic vertebrae
- Common differential diagnoses:
Cardiomyopathy, Valvular disease, pericardial disease, Congenital disease
- Helpful additional data:
History of cough or collapse?Evidence of LAE or CHF?
- Commonly associated diagnostics:
Consider thoracic ultrasound if available
- Commonly associated treatments:
Possible diuretics or other cardiac Rx
- Commonly associated home care:
Rx, monitor for coughing, collapse, and labored breathing.