Lateral and VD
- Defining characteristics:
Presence of a lesion within the bone that is lytic/blastic, destruction of the cortex, periosteal reaction
- Common differential diagnoses:
Neoplasia, Osteomyelitis, metabolic bone disease, panosteitis, artifactual due to overlapping structures
- Helpful additional data:
Has there been limping or pain?
- Commonly associated diagnostics:
Consider thoracic radiographs, consider fine needle aspiration or biopsy, and consider *SignalCare MDB in advance of medical or surgical therapy.
- Commonly associated treatments:
Discuss analgesia, discuss surgical options
- Commonly associated home care:
Based on treatment, cage rest vs surgery
*SignalCare MDB = CBC/Chemistry/Urinalysis/Thoracic ultrasound/Abdominal ultrasound