- Defining characteristics:
Narrowing or collapse of a disc space in the cervical spine
- Common differential diagnoses:
Intervertebral disc extrusion, positional artifact
- Helpful additional data:
Has the patient been dragging their feet or is there nail wear on the toes? Has there been a change in the gait? Is there neck pain or discomfort eating from a bowl?
- Commonly associated diagnostics:
A thorough neurologic evaluation
- Commonly associated treatments:
Discuss analgesia and cage confinement vs surgical options.
- Commonly associated home care:
Based on treatment, cage rest vs surgery